The Indian Navy has requisitioned for two options - uncooled thermal imaging devices and image intensifier tube with wide field of view
New Delhi — Indian Navy has started the process to equip its forces with highly advanced helmet mounted night vision devices. Such devices will help naval personnel in search & seizure procedures as well as security operations. The tender states that the initial order will be for about 1,000 such devices and the quantity may be expanded in future.
India's ministry of defense has sought response in detail from vendors interested in transferring the technology to Indian manufacturers. The global tender is expected to be issued in second quarter of 2018. The devices would be made available to the naval personnel from 2019.
"Amongst the vendors cleared by Field Evaluation Trials, a Contract Negotiation Committee (CNC) would decide the lowest cost bidder and conclude the appropriate contract," reads the request for information issued by the India's Ministry of Defence.
Meanwhile, as per a requisition made by the Indian Army in December last year, India is also looking to purchase long range thermal imaging night vision with fusion technology for the Indian Army's T-90 tank, light machine guns, and rocket launchers. The Indian Army has asked for 15,000 night sight for rocket launchers, 5,000 night sight device for medium machine guns and more than 1,25,000 for other small handheld arms. It is estimated that army will have to spend approximately $3.2 billion for such purchase.
- Syed Salahuddin is trending at 6 in India
- MT Genessa oil tanker: India Coast Guard fire fight on
- Israel PM meets biz leaders over power breakfast in Mumbai
- Loudspeaker registration deadline extended to Jan 21 by Lucknow admin
- GPS, panic buttons mandatory on public vehicles from April 1
- Diljit Dosanjh on Soorma’s clash with Dutt biopic
- Dunford on the US-Pakistan relations: ‘I’m not giving up’
- France welcomes the first C-130J Super Hercules airlifter
- Turkey, UK officials meet over status of Turkish jet program
- French order of C-130J aircraft signals plan for larger Air Force fleet
- First F-35B shipboard deployment to begin as US warship arrives in Japan
- Russia and US engage in 'military base race' in Syria
- Greece to launch talks with France over FREMM frigates, corvettes
- Army chief: Future of US troops in Iraq TBD as ISIS crumbles
- What we’re learning about France’s air special forces as they publicly recruit
- Israel touts 'steel dome' as answer to terror tunnels
- Tillerson signals deeper US military commitment in Syria
- RITES files IPO papers with Sebi to raise Rs 600 crore
- Sitharaman scripts history again
- The only woman negotiating on Kim Jong-un's behalf