Authors: TheIndianSubcontinent News Agency
The Doodle commemorates the 44th anniversary of the party where DJ Kool Herc is credited with creating hip hop in 1973
To celebrate the 44th anniversary of hip hop, Google has released an interactive doodle that lets you DJ.
The doodle takes you back to the day in 1973 where DJ Kool Herc is credited with creating hip hop.
“On August 11, 1973, an 18-year-old, Jamaican-American DJ who went by the name of Kool Herc threw a back-to-school jam at 1520 Sedgwick Avenue in the Bronx, New York,” according to a blog post.
Google cancels diversity debate over fears of online harassment
“During his set, he decided to do something different. Instead of playing the songs in full, he played only their instrumental sections or breaks – sections where he noticed the crowd went wild. During these breaks, his friend Coke La Rock hyped up the crowd with a microphone. And with that, Hip Hop was born.”
The doodle features a custom logo graphic by famed graffiti artist Cey Adams, interactive turntables on which users can mix samples from legendary tracks, and a serving of hip hop history.
Google kicks off ICC Champions Trophy with interactive Cricket Doodle
Simply, press the play button on the “O” in the graphic in order to kick things off. It takes you to a “record crate” where you can choose from samples of classic songs.
Once you’ve picked your songs, you can customize the mix using slider controls like you would normally DJ.
When you’ve picked your songs, you can customize the mix using slider controls like you would normally DJ.
- France invests in ventures focused on advanced defense tech
- Govt working to equally develop all parts of country: Zubair
- SSGCL to lay 567km pipelines for gasification of 137 villages of Sindh, Balochistan
- Promotion of interfaith harmony need of hour: Shahbaz
- India using Afghan soil to carry out acts of terrorism in Pakistan: Ahsan
- FATA Reforms Implementation Committee working to resolve all matters relating to merger of FATA with KP
- CPEC to put entire region on path of rapid development: Deputy Speaker GB Assembly
- CPEC essential for investment in region: Mushahid
- Rangers arrest 20 criminals in Karachi
- Security forces arrest five terrorists in Balochistan
- 370,000 undocumented Afghan refugees registered across country
- Negative politics to be rejected by people in next year's general elections: CM
- All obstacles in Karachi Circular Railway project to be removed: Murad
- Google Assistant now able to troubleshoot problems on your Pixel 2
- Over-the-top telecom apps created Rs 6.3 lakh crore consumer surplus in 2017: Study
- Facebook, Google join ‘The Trust Project’ to fight fake news
- Apple iPhone X’s unresponsive screen in cold weather has been patched with iOS 11.1.2 update
- Facebook launches new tools for video creators
- OnePlus 5 to receive Android 8.0 Oreo beta this month, 5T to get it in late December
- Microsoft unveils Azure Databricks, new AI tools for developers