Authors: TheIndianSubcontinent News Agency
Summit Bank, Sindh Bank also set to merge in September, disclosed Zaheer Esmail
QUETTA: Bank of China, along with other national and international banks, will soon be opening branches in the port city of Gwadar, revealed Chairman Gwadar Port Authority (GPA), Dostain Khan Jamaldini, on Thursday.
During a meeting with Zaheer Esmail, President of Summit Bank, Jamaldini said with Gwadar becoming a functioning Deep Seaport, almost all commercial banks of Pakistan will be vying for the opportunity to open up branches. Bank of China will be one of the first to start business in the port city.
Pakistan signs 40-year deal with China for Gwadar port operation
“Business and trade activities will flourish in Gwadar with the opening of branches of various national and international banks,” he said.
For the time being, however, the Gwadar Port Overseas and Port Holding have allowed the opening of two banks in Gwadar and one of them is Bank of China, he explained. He further disclosed that the work initiated on the Gwadar Free Zone was speedily underway.
“The construction work will be complete in the next few months,” he said adding that Pakistani and Chinese workers were working in three shifts to complete the construction of the Gwadar Free Zone as soon as possible.
In the first week of December this year the prime minister of Pakistan, along with Chinese ministers, will inaugurate the first International Expo- Centre in the Gwadar Free Zone in which approximately 100 Chinese companies will partake, he said.
China to build automobile city in Gwadar
Zaheer Esmail further disclosed that Summit Bank and Sindh Bank are set to merge in September this year making Summit Bank the second largest bank of the country. He also stated that Summit bank was taking keen interest in the social sector and will soon be extending soft loans to government employees, small businesses and fishermen to help promote their business.
Group head of the Summit Bank Kamran Ashraf and Gwadar Bank branch Manager Zameer Rafiq Siddiq were also present in the meeting.
- #windy is trending at 4 in world
- Syed Salahuddin is trending at 6 in India
- Fragment of flag Nelson flew at Trafalgar sells for almost 300,000 pounds
- Screenvision Media and Deadline Hollywood Partner at Sundance Festival on Celebrity Interview Studio
- CJ CGV Installs Premium HARMAN Audio Systems in 24 Theaters Across Vietnam
- Numero, a VISTA Group Company Providing Box Office Reporting, Hires Larry McCourt as President, North America
- SC's Constitution Bench to resume hearing in Aadhaar matter
- Muslim woman's house set ablaze for supporting Ram Temple
- 39 trains delayed, 15 cancelled as cold wave intensifies
- Kerala minor rape case: Two police officers, three others arrested
- EC to announce dates for Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland polls today
- MT Genessa oil tanker: India Coast Guard fire fight on
- Punjab: One arrested with five kg heroin
- FM Jaitley chairs pre-budget meeting in Delhi
- 17 yr-old-girl killed in ceasefire violation by Pakistan
- Woman gang-raped at her house in Fatehabad
- 'Positano' of Mumbai: Dramatic transformation of Ghatkopar slum
- India successfully launches ballistic missile Agni-V
- Israel PM meets biz leaders over power breakfast in Mumbai
- Loudspeaker registration deadline extended to Jan 21 by Lucknow admin