Authors: TheIndianSubcontinent News Agency
DSP Hanif and PC Sultan were on their way when unidentified gunmen opened fire on their car
A deputy superintendent of Traffic Police and police constable were martyred on Friday when unidentified gunmen attacked their car in Karachi’s Azizabad area.
DSP Hanif, 56, and PC Sultan, 54, were on their way to work when unidentified gunmen opened fire on their car near a private school in the area.
The deceased were shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, a police statement said.
Traffic warden martyred in Karachi
Last month, a traffic police warden was martyred and another critically injured in a firing incident on Karachi’s Abul Hassan Isphani Road. The two traffic police wardens were controlling the traffic near Disco Bakery when armed motorcyclists opened fire at them. The traffic wardens received multiple bullet wounds and were taken to a private hospital where one succumbed to his injuries while the other is said to be in critical critical. The deceased was later identified as Muhammad Khan and the wounded as Kamran.
Traffic police officials are easy targets for militants since they are not usually provided with buleetproof vests and automatic weapons during their duties. In recent past there have been many attacks on traffic police wardens and officers in the city.
- Fate of Zimbabwe's Mugabe hangs in the balance amid coup confusion
- Rangpur police detain two Union Council members over attack on Hindu homes
- Govt working to equally develop all parts of country: Zubair
- SSGCL to lay 567km pipelines for gasification of 137 villages of Sindh, Balochistan
- Promotion of interfaith harmony need of hour: Shahbaz
- India using Afghan soil to carry out acts of terrorism in Pakistan: Ahsan
- FATA Reforms Implementation Committee working to resolve all matters relating to merger of FATA with KP
- CPEC to put entire region on path of rapid development: Deputy Speaker GB Assembly
- CPEC essential for investment in region: Mushahid
- Rangers arrest 20 criminals in Karachi
- Security forces arrest five terrorists in Balochistan
- 370,000 undocumented Afghan refugees registered across country
- Negative politics to be rejected by people in next year's general elections: CM
- All obstacles in Karachi Circular Railway project to be removed: Murad
- German coalition talks go into overtime as parties fail to yield an agreement
- Eight arrested in Amsterdam in joint Dutch Irish drugs crackdown
- American Boeing And HAL Discuss Building F/A-18 Fighter
- Girl who survived Far East plane crash in hospital with her mother, condition stable
- UN Security Council to discuss new resolution on Syria investigative mission on Friday
- Footballer turned LeT militant surrenders in Kashmir