WASHINGTON, August 10. /TASS/. US President Donald Trump has told reporters that he had great respect for Russia and China for their support of the new United Nations Security Council’s sanctions against North Korea.
"I have great respect for what China and what Russia did and those 15, we got a 15 to nothing vote. I have great respect for China and Russia, what they did on sanctions," Trump said. "I believe that will have an effect," the US president added.
On August 5, the United Nations Security Council unanimously voted for resolution 2371 to have tightened sanctions against North Korea in retaliation for the July missile tests. The resolution imposes a ban on North Korea’s export of a number of minerals and products, such as coal, iron, lead and sea foods. It imposes other restrictions, too, including targeted measures against individuals and enterprises related with Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile programs.
Tensions around the Korean Peninsula started to rise in light of the implementation of the North Korean missile program. In July, Pyongyang conducted two ballistic missile tests which provoked a sharp response from the United States, Japan and South Korea. Washington has been repeatedly stating that no option including the use of military force could be ruled out.
- US official: If Turkey buys Russian systems, they can’t plug into NATO tech
- The Qualifiers in Numbers
- The Week in Numbers
- Fate of Zimbabwe's Mugabe hangs in the balance amid coup confusion
- Russia and Venezuela agree debt deal
- Nicolas Leoz: Conmebol ex-chief to be extradited from Paraguay
- Govt working to equally develop all parts of country: Zubair
- India using Afghan soil to carry out acts of terrorism in Pakistan: Ahsan
- FATA Reforms Implementation Committee working to resolve all matters relating to merger of FATA with KP
- Security forces arrest five terrorists in Balochistan
- Russian ships help remove 1,100 tonnes of Syria’s chemical weapons
- Russia, Iran, Turkey presidents to discuss Syria in Sochi
- US Must Invest In Natural Strategic Partner India: Randall Schriver
- Is India Developing A 12,000 Kms Range Missile - SURYA?
- Russian and Czech presidents to meet on November 21 — Kremlin aide
- Kremlin: Next Putin-Trump meeting not on agenda yet
- Investments, good services can make living in Arctic more attractive — experts
- Russia views Paris Agreement as basis for solving climate change problems — Lavrov
- No Contradiction In Blocking Resolution On Masood Azhar: China
- Google Assistant now able to troubleshoot problems on your Pixel 2