LONDON, August 10. /TASS/. Russian national Maria Lasitskene (nee Kuchina), participating in the IAAF World Championships London 2017 as a neutral athlete, has qualified for the high jump final achieving the best result.
Lasitskene cleared 1.92m in her first attempt. Ukraine’s Yulia Levchenko and Poland’s Kamila Licwinko achieved the same result.
Another Russian high jumper, Irian Gordeyeva, failed to make it into the final. She jumped 1.89 m, but could not clear 1.92m, coming in 16th in the qualification round.
A total of 12 athletes entered the final which will take place on August 12.
As many as 19 Russian athletes were given permission to participate in the IAAF World Championships as neutrals since the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has not yet restored the membership of Russia’s All-Russia Athletics Federation (ARAF).
The 2017 IAAF World Championships will conclude on August 13.
The IAAF suspended the All-Russia Athletics Federation in November 2015 following an investigation carried out by the Independent Commission chaired by Canadian lawyer Richard Pound. The investigation was based on assertions related to an alleged state-sponsored doping system in Russia.
The IAAF decided that until the membership of the ARAF is restored, Russian athletes could participate in tournaments as neutrals. Fourteen Russian athletes, including Maria Lasitskene (nee Kuchina), Sergey Shubenkov, Darya Klishina, Vera Rebrik and Anzhelika Sidorova, were cleared to compete as neutrals, as well as nine junior athletes.
- Palestine boosted by Asian qualifying success
- Fate of Zimbabwe's Mugabe hangs in the balance amid coup confusion
- London theatre says 20 men made allegations against Kevin Spacey
- Russia and Venezuela agree debt deal
- Rangers arrest 20 criminals in Karachi
- Russian ships help remove 1,100 tonnes of Syria’s chemical weapons
- Russia, Iran, Turkey presidents to discuss Syria in Sochi
- Russian and Czech presidents to meet on November 21 — Kremlin aide
- Kremlin: Next Putin-Trump meeting not on agenda yet
- Investments, good services can make living in Arctic more attractive — experts
- Many Dutch children still don’t eat enough fruit and vegetables: report
- Russia views Paris Agreement as basis for solving climate change problems — Lavrov
- Investigation underway into disappearance of world kickboxing champion Innokenty Makarov
- Biman pays Tk 500,000 to expatriate family in UK for delay
- Russia makes all efforts to ensure security at 2018 FIFA World Cup — Lavrov
- Facebook launches new tools for video creators
- Russia, China to hold joint computer-assisted missile defense drill
- Russian vessels arrive in Thailand to take part in naval parade
- Girl who survived Far East plane crash in hospital with her mother, condition stable
- Russian planes destroy over 1,250 terrorist facilities in Syria in past week