MOSCOW, August 10. /TASS/. The launch of the Proton-M carrier rocket with the Spanish satellite Amazonas 5 is scheduled for September, the Khrunichev Space Center reported on its website.
"The upcoming launch with the Amazonas 5 space vehicle scheduled for September 2017 is to be the 95th launch of the Proton carrier rocket under the contracts signed by International Launch Services Inc.," the center said.
The Amazonas 5 telecommunications satellite is manufactured by Space Systems Loral (USA) and commissioned by Hispasat (Spain). The space vehicle is designed to provide services in the field of television, corporate networks and telephone communications in South and Central America.
A source in the rocket and space industry informed TASS that the launch is tentatively scheduled for September 9.
Earlier reports said that China’s AsiaSat 9 communications satellite will be launched by the Proton-M carrier rocket with the Breeze-M upper stage from Baikonur Cosmodrome on September 28. Besides, the Proton carrier rocket with the Russian-made Blagovest telecommunications satellite is to be launched on August 17.
International Launch Services provides marketing services to promote launches with the help of Proton and Angara carrier rockets.
In other media
- Justice League Begins Overseas Run, Claims Top Opening Day of All Time in Brazil
- Army car falls into roadside ditch killing two in Chittagong
- All obstacles in Karachi Circular Railway project to be removed: Murad
- Russian ships help remove 1,100 tonnes of Syria’s chemical weapons
- Russia, Iran, Turkey presidents to discuss Syria in Sochi
- Pakistan Needs To Be Told US Won't Tolerate Terrorist Safe Havens: John C Rood
- Russian and Czech presidents to meet on November 21 — Kremlin aide
- Kremlin: Next Putin-Trump meeting not on agenda yet
- Investments, good services can make living in Arctic more attractive — experts
- Two hanged in Jessore for murdering freedom fighter in 1994
- Russia views Paris Agreement as basis for solving climate change problems — Lavrov
- Investigation underway into disappearance of world kickboxing champion Innokenty Makarov
- Russia makes all efforts to ensure security at 2018 FIFA World Cup — Lavrov
- Facebook launches new tools for video creators
- OnePlus 5 to receive Android 8.0 Oreo beta this month, 5T to get it in late December
- Microsoft unveils Azure Databricks, new AI tools for developers
- Russia, China to hold joint computer-assisted missile defense drill
- American Boeing And HAL Discuss Building F/A-18 Fighter
- Russian vessels arrive in Thailand to take part in naval parade
- Grameenphone responds to reports on alleged evasion of Tk 20 billion in taxes